Friday, July 31

"Y" is for yellow

abc challenge
Happy Friday!!!!

I hope you have fabulous plans for this weekend, and if you are in the Plymouth, MA area stop by to see me at Cupcake Charlie's! My friend Kerin came by the other day and loved the cupcakes she and her hubby got!

I hope you have tried the fake copic technique too! Check out the video on my side bar (where the camera is!) I wanted to do a challenge this week because I had no mojo happenin' LOL so, I picked this one! I love yellow and black together as you probably have noticed in cards past, so this color combo was easy. However, trying to come up with something a bit different was the challenge. So, I decided to get out my punches and see where they led me. I love the little border around the flower and butterfly. Just made it using the curly label punch! Why not grab one of your own and play around to see what you can come up with! Enjoy, your day!~Donna

9 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

This is a wonderful card! I love the colors, borders and beautiful floral image, not to mention that awesome butterfly! Nice job!!

Shannon said...

I absolutely love this card! The colors really pop and that was a very clever way to use your curly punch. It's good to force yourself to do something different when the mojo is low.

Carol said...

You're sooo SMART! I would have NEVER thought of using my curly label punch for that! Your card is truly striking! Love the contrasts on it!
GRRREAT job!

Cathy said...

Such a striking card - love the colour combo and butterflies.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

"Tillymint" said...

Great Card Donna - just shows what can be achieved with these little punches!!!
Hope you're feeling better and enjoy your week end!!!

rebecca said...

this is lovely...I thought the border was ribbon...wow, punches hold such possibilities.

Mary said...

Love the colors, especially the butterfly. Great card.

Dawn said...

Wow I love this - so elegant and that butterfly is just gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Donna! I love your butterfly!!!!