Thursday, July 23

Playing with Dream Gardens

...................... kellie winnell and Color Throwdown ..........
.
Hi everyone,
Like a lot of you, I am finding my life a bit more unsettled lately, in as far as putting things in categories and prioritizing my goals and responsibilities. I have realized over the past three weeks just how much time I put into blogging and creating. Um......it was a lot. Pure enjoyment I must add, but a lot just the same.
Now, I need to re evaluate where my time goes, and between sharing my time with my little loves Colin and Carly, and then my big loves Lisa, Jay, Mike, Katie and Steve, my pets Yoshi and grandpets Pete and Gus, and my laundry, and bills, and appointments and work, and all the other stuff I need to be doing, I feel a bit overwhelmed. So, until I get things figured out, and on a schedule I may be a little eratic at posting here. I would like to thank you all for coming by and for being patient with me. I appreciate it more than you can imagine. I hope you will still come by too, but I may not have as many updates as you have been used to. Okay? "okay"....so let's get to the card I made today for some challenges. You can see then under the picture!
I used one of my new sets. This is from the set Dream Gardens. It is just so peaceful. I made a card earlier in the month with it and it was so much fun to play around with I thought I would try it again. This is a little 4 1/8 x 4 1/8 note card that tucks nicely into the elegant note envelope! Here I used Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip, and Certainly Celery for my color pallette. I tucked an inked Pretties Petal behind one of the layers and then added a lot more layers to accentuate the tea pot. I hope you enjoy it~Donna

11 comments:

A Latte Stampin said...

Oh Boy do not get me started on the post thing that's why mine are short with no receipts...I have been and will be again (when school starts) in your position. Blog when you want, when you can, with enjoyment! Family First! I will always visit and sometimes comment AND I do not expect a comment back.Take it easy and visit soon. Hugs

Treasure Queen said...

Hi Donna... really enjoyed looking at your blog... your work is beautiful... I look forward to regular visits!
Jenny in Aus

AMY FLEMING said...

OMG beautiful stamp set I love what you have done with this sketch!!!

Shelia said...

Donna, I will miss your daily post, but am at the same place in my life. Was like a kid with a new toy, when first started this. I have let so many other things slide. I still create in my mind, so will let that be sufficient for the time being.

Debbie Pamment said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling overwhelmed! Just know we love you out here in blogland and will always be happy to pop in for a visit - whether it's once a week, once a fortnight or whenever you have time....
Take care and ENJOY life and loved ones!!
xXx

Norine said...

I think we all feel this way it is so hard to keep up with life and all that goes with it and than there is blog land LOL
Do what you can when you can
take care of yourself
Hugs
Norine

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Mary said...

I really like what you did with the flower. Great Job

LeAnne said...

Donna, we all understand about "LIFE"!!!! We love to see what you have when you have it and take time for your family--that's first & foremost!

patti moffett said...

Dear Donna
You have been so generous with your time and talents...sometimes we need to step back and look at priorities. We can get sucked into trying to fill the expectations of others and forget the joy of just creating.
The most important priorities are your family...I will certainly stay with you and enjoy whatever you have time to offer. May you remain in the Lord's peace and enjoy the life He has given you.
blessings
patti moffett

Barbara said...

Just lovely! Love that big ole' folded flower! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!