Sunday, July 26

PAPER CUTS #28

Good Monday Morning to you all!
I hope you had a fabulous weekend. I was let's say, a little less pleased with mine.....but that is as far as we'll go with that.... other than a Doctor's visit is in order! I want to thank all of you who sent me wonderful notes this past week, and for all the visits from my regular followers. It ws greatly appreciated....."thank you, Now how about a card!"
I made this week's PAPER CUTS simple as usual but, I enjoy water coloring and, I wanted some relaxation time so I got out my markers and a little added "something else" and began to play. Many of you have heard of COPICS and may even own them, and I must say I have been tempted to buy them myself, that was until I saw the price YIKES! Well, I figured there must be a way to make my SU markers act a little like copics, and guess what they can!!!!!! I took out some household ingredients and VOILA! Magic. No pilling of the paper, lots and lots of color saturation, some awesome blending, and play time became new again!
In the picture of the stamped image from FIFTH AVENUE FLORAL I have used only two Stampin' UP! colors, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery! WOW can you see all the color variations and blending from just those two colors! I didn't blend all the edges so you can see the difference on the internet more clearly. It was awesome. The best part I could go over the same area to add or erase color multiple times and no matter how much I pressed down or saturated the paper it did not pill! In the image with the Hydrangea I was able to do the same thing with bashful blue, certainly celery and only orange. Look at the only orange to see how it changed from bright orange to gray to even yellow !WOW! The colors are endless and several colors can be mixed to make a miriad of rainbow variations! I am sure you will have a great time expirementing with this technique. Want to know what I used? Sure you do! Come on back tomorrow for the answer!

4 comments:

"Tillymint" said...

Beautiful as always Donna!
Now what's all this about a Dr's visit - what have you been up to???? Nothing too serious I hope.

Debbie Pamment said...

Hope all is well and the doctor visit isn't too bad!! Special cyberhugs on their way!!!

Now look at YOU - didn't I say YOU would be the one to Copic'ize the SU markers - LOL. Can't wait to see how you did it and to give it a go - clever clever girl!!! Your sample is marvellous BTW.

xXx

STARDUST2489 said...

Dear Donna
Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate PAPER CUTS. It has saved me so much time and brain cells. I also and thankful that you have faithfully posted so that this weeks sample is available first thing Monday morning. It is one thing to see sketches or black and white drawings, but to see it in color AND have the measurements is invaluable.
Thanks so much for sharing your time and talents so that I can grow in my skills. I receive so many compliments because you are so generous. So let me pass a few on to you
"WOW" You did this!"
"Only one problem! I am running out of space on my kitchen window sill. I keep every one of the cards and am encouraged each day when I look at them"
"Framed the birthday card you sent and put it on the living rook table"
"Recycled the card front you made and sent it to my friend!!"
"The prisoners are so excited to receive these cards. Happy to know they are not forgotten"

Many are blessed because you care enough to share.
May the Lord bless you abundantly.

patti moffett
stardust2489

Shelia said...

There you going dangling it under our noses, only to make us wait till tomorrow to learn how you did this. can't wait to find out. It sure was nice to have coffee with you this morning.