Tuesday, July 7

MY FAVORITE CARD and the WINNER of the MARKERS


WELL, I must say that was the most fun I have had in a long while.
Reading all your kind and sweet comments was heartwarming to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sending me best wishes, and I appreciate your support.
I absolutely without a doubt loved seeing what you thought would be my favorite card....and to be honest each time I opened your emails it was like a Christmas Present! I loved seeing your picks, and you were right they were some of my favorites BUT!!!!!.... my all time favorite was this ALWAYS card that I did on June 26, 2008. It will ALWAYS be my favorite because, I put a lot of elements, and expression into it. I think it was the first time I had used this many layers. It was definitely the first time I water colored on vellum, and dyed a ribbon. I just love the stark beauty of the black embossed bird with the white accent too! So, now you know which card is my fave! Thanks for playing, make sure to check out the cards you all picked in the collage below. I must say Quiet Stillness seemed to be your favorite, being picked more than any other of my cards! I wish you all happy stamping times. ~Donna
AND THE WINNER IS................... Bina Parik! Thanks Bina for visiting. Please email me so I can send out the Stamp and Write Markers to you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
HERE ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE PICKS!

ALSO check out the winner of my FIRST CHALLENGE! I chose Regina's card as my favorite submission. Her card inspired me becasue of the depth in coloration she acheived on the leaves. A single layer card is quite difficult but these two entries show what can be done when challenged. Thank you girls for playing. Hugs~Donna

6 comments:

Regina Cornelius said...

ooooo.....Donna.....i am so excited to be chosen as the winner!! i look forward to more challenges from you :)
regina

Norine said...

love your card those flowers and black really make it pop
Hugs
Norine

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Ah so that's your favorite. No lie I almost suggested that one. Something about the blackbird and the many layers had me thinking this one was special. I must admit I like it too! But then my heart went pit a pat when I saw the crows in the new catalog too! My favorite Indian stories (I'd say Native American but my Navajo sister in law threatened to scalp me if I use that term any more) often involved Raven as a key figure. That and the Raven tea parties that used to happen pretty regularly on my street have left me with a life long fascination with any black bird (should I admit I'm also fascinated by bats?).

Congratulations Regina for winning those markers. I'm totally jealous as I don't have them yet but I'm happy to see someone win such a cool and genrously offered prize.

Hugs and blessings to you all - Jean

Mary said...

Very pretty card. Congrates!

Debbie Pamment said...

This is a gorgeous card Donna!! But then I have sooo many of yours I love - where would I start to pick just 1!!
xXx

jackiestamps4fun said...

This is just beautiful!! I love that black bird in the midst of the soft colors! Very striking!