Wednesday, July 15

Inspirational Challenges


I haven't done a KwernerDesign Color Inspiration or Sketch challenge or in quite a while,
so I decided to try one today using new products from Stampin' Up. I love the new set Nature's Nest and have seen a lot of samples done using this turtle. HOWEVER!!! Most have been well, "natural" and I decided to use him in a more whimsical way here because Kristina's color picks were bright and fun! How cute is he as he pushes his card to the birthday party! He is even dressed up in bright colors and a party hat. I had a lot of fun using the new die Lattice too. I just used the drop out pieces to make this running border. After layering everything together the card was finished all except for ribbon. You know how I love making bows so this card is no exception and I made one using the New ribbon Real Red Polka Dot Gross
The top card I did incorporating the same colors but for a different challenge from Kerin at kerinstamps.com

20 comments:

Mary said...

I love the Natures Nest set. Especially the turtle, it looks just like our pet turtle.

Rose said...

Beautiful card! Good use of the colors in this weeks challenge.

Stacey Schafer said...

so cute!

Terri E. said...

I think your party turtle is too stinking cute for words. Great job with the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Amanda Winkelman said...

Love your card! I think your turtle is great as a whimsical image....and that's one of my favorite happy birthday stamps too!

Debbie Pamment said...

Wow - what a fun card - Love the turtle with his party hat - and the layered sentiment with that lovely dotted bow - perfect!!!
xXx

Shelia said...

now this is just toooo cute. It made me think about the old story the Hare and the Tortoise. Another chuckle this morning.

Ari Vega-Macias said...

off to check KW's blog. i love the color combo:)

Norine said...

this is just too cute love it
Hugs
Norine

Heather said...

I LOVE the blue and saffron together on the turtle. What a whimsical card!

IamDerby said...

That party turtle is too cute but I really love the design on the apple card.

Courtney Baker said...

Cute! I really like how you did the border. And can I just say I'm in love with your clear card below. LOVE IT!

Leah said...

The first card is stunning. Love it.

2 Chicks on a Limb said...

I love your turtle card and the bright colors can't help but make you feel all happy !! My daughter (aka Chick 2) finally entered her first challenge today -- Kristina Werner's and Mojo Monday -- so proud of her too.

Karen R said...

Donna thanks for your kind comments - now that's definitely popping the colours I especially love the top card - how cool is it.

Catch you later Karen

"Tillymint" said...

Hi Donna, Love these cards so bright and cheerful - the dotted bow is a gorgeous addition too.
Hope all's well with you - I've been missing your papercuts but once this month is over I'll be back on track!!!

Brooke S said...

Donna,
Thanks for the nice comments...

I love the fresh take on "K's" challenge.. I have not tried this technique yet..I have printed of the instructions and that is as far as I got.. I will have to do it with some of the new DSP... Thanks for the reminder of the technique... Yours turned out FAB!
Hugs
Brooke

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for your comments in weeks past. I am returning soon. Making progress, but everything is getting done slowly!

Kate said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

travelingmama said...

Too cute! I always love seeing what you do with the challenge colors! So inspiring!