Wednesday, July 29

Another acetone card

Hi there!
I hope you had a chance to look at the video of using acetone with the SU re inkers to create wonderful variations in color value. Today I used the markers and scribbled ink into the paint tray. Then I used the same technique as I showed you in the video to color this awesome turtle. This way you do not need to buy re inkers if you already have markers. I am sure if you put some ink from the ink pads on a plate or flat surface that would work also! So, don't be afraid to expirement! Enjoy your day! ~Donna

6 comments:

A Latte Stampin said...

You are brilliant girl!!!!Yes I have been wanting them also (Copics) But going to try your method first. Have great week.
Hugs

Harriet said...

I love this turtle and your colors are fabulous and I am so happy to hear of a way to use my SU markers. Where did you get your acetone?

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is waaay too cute - your technique works beautifully - love the blending of colours!! Love this turtle too! Your video was fantastic BTW - am off to try and find some acetone today...
xXx

Shelia said...

That turtle looks so real, I can't believe it. It makes me want to paint my lawn ornament turtle I have in my flower bed. I do love the threaded ribbon, I haven't done that in a long time. Thanks for all your sharing.

Creative Monkey Designs said...

Hi Donna, I was showing your technique to my painting students last night and I want to share something. Be careful what kind of plastic you put the acetone in, it ATE the clear plastic jar I used. It was a small jar that Flower-Soft comes in. The other thing I want to share is I bought 100% pure acetone at Wal-Mart, 4 ounces for $1, 16 ounces for around $3.50. I notice in your picture you used a little water color palette, I suggest everyone use one of those since yours didn't get eaten up by the Acetone.
Namaste'
Doreen

Norine said...

Donna thanks so much for the video will be trying this for sure just started buying SU yes I am behind the times LOL
love your card as always
Hugs
Norine