Wednesday, June 10

QUILTS....how frienships are pieced together




Last week
I was on Cape Cod with a friend I hadn't seen in many years. Prior to my visit with her she had been to my home and seen my stamping room and all my cards! She went home inspired to create! Now it was not card making but quilt making instead. This card is for her to thank her for a lovely stay on the cape. I made the quilt pattern by cutting 1 1/2" strips and positioning them on grid paper in a quilt pattern. After I adhere the strips to the grid paper I cut the design into a 6" x 10" piece of paper and ran it through my Big Shot with my TOP NOTE DIE. I hope you enjoy it.~Donna


7 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful quilt card Donna - but it's making me feel I should be getting back to my sewing - LOL.
xXx

Paula Barin said...

Very pretty. What a great idea to use up scraps of paper. The possibilities are endless.

Shelia said...

This is beautiful, thanks for the inspiration once again.

Shelia said...

I had to get off computer quick *wink* (at work) so didn't finish my comment. Pat's challenge this week is to use scraps, or whatever you find laying on your desk. This is the perfect inspiration for that challenge.

Stampin' With Jessi and Rachel said...

Love this card! Such a neat idea! I'm sure your friend is going to LOVE it!

Our Little Inspirations said...

I LOVE this quilt card, especially the rich colors! You can never make enough purple or plum combos for me:)

nancyruth said...

oh how beautiful Donna!!!