Monday, June 29

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND


WELL! The 4th of July is just around the corner and although here in New England it does not feel like summer yet, we WILL be celebrating! This year I have the great fortune to go back to Plymouth on the 4th of July to be right up close and personal on the water front enjoying the festivities from the window of Cupcake Charlie's! Yes, I will be working but when you get to look at the ocean for the entire shift how can you complain! One of the fun activities this year will be the SAIL of PLYMOUTH! The Tall Ships will be in port. They are just so majestic. I am in awe when I watch them set sail. I hope you all have plans to CELEBRATE our great nation this upcoming weekend, and if you are near the waterfront in Plymouth, Massachusetts come visit me at Cupcake Charlie's!
Now for the card! This was done for the Mojo Monday Sketch, it is just simple layering and I did a cute frame using the square scallop punch from Stampin' Up! Just punch twice out of the rectangle cardstock to make a rectangle frame! I did not have a 4th of July sentiment so I wrote my own! Enjoy!~Donna

22 comments:

patti moffett said...

Hey Donna
Yet another WOW card. What are the "sparkles" from the stars?
You're cards are so de-able yet spectacular...thanks for stretching me and helping me grow in papercrafting
blessings
patti

"Tillymint" said...

Wow Donna what a great little card love the rays (?) from your stars...and the way your used your square scalloped punch to come up with the frame!!
Hope you enjoy your 4th July festivities working or not! Don't eat too many cupcakes!
Sue

Martha said...

its perfect, it would go perfect for the MyGrafico challenge blog too :)

Kari said...

Gorgeous card Donna! I love all of it!!! The stars are my favorite!!!

rubberstampinzone said...

I love the colors and great idea to make a patriotic card for the challenge! Love what you did with the scallops and your handwriting is beautiful!
Terrific card!

Lisa

Heather the Mooselover said...

What a fun card! I love your "exploding" fireworks!

Anne said...

Wow! What a fabulous card! Thanks for playing along at My Grafico :)

Jeanette said...

This is a great card. Thanks for playing along with MyGrafico.

Jeanette

Paula Barin said...

Great card. The sprays from the stars are a nice touch. The card really makes me want to celebrate.

Mary said...

So festive!

Rel Squire (NZL) said...

Hi Donna, this is Rel from New Plymouth, New Zealand, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog about the mojo challenge 93and especially the part about the way we both layered our oval punch!!
I think you card is really great. Love that you have used your special day July 4th for the colors and the stars really look cool. You are very talented.

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Jennifer said...

Wow it sounds like a wonderful place, I hope you enjoy all the celebrations. We have beautiful weather here in the UK at the moment.
Your card is beautiful, I love the layout and all the embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at the ABC challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Debbie said...

So Festive! Thanks for playing the belli challenge!

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and a great take on the theme.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Dani said...

This is fabulous! Wonderful job, thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Holly said...

Love your shooting stars!

jdmommy said...

Thanks for joining in on the Belli Challenge...........I love your patriotic stars!!!!!!!

Chrissy D said...

Cute - love how you used those flower brads as part of your stars!
TFS!

Joan Ervin said...

This is a beautiful patriotic card...the shooting stars are just awesome!!! Great Belli challenge card!!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great patriotic card - love the stars and your handwritten sentiment! Wish I had nice enough writing for that! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!

Fern said...

Love the way you used the red, white and blue colors... This is so pretty.. Thanks for playing along in the belli challenge..