Sunday, May 3

PAPER CUTS will return Next Week!BUT for today! MAY EXTRAVAGANZA highlights!

Hey everyone! Well, we had the best time today starting at 10:00 am. The girls or "MAY DIVA'S" arrived with coffee in tow and after a quick danish they headed down to my stamp room to pick up their goody bags. These were chock full of supplies they would need to make their projects and lots of fun gifts and surprises, the first of which were lime green beads to wear! They were diva's after all!




The cards were left blank with black scallop circles intentionally, and the girls made sentiments that can be added at a later time, whenever a card is needed! SEE!!!!
They started the morning off making 11 cards, they had no idea that it was the beginning of a super fun Stationary Gift Box. They decorated the boxes and loaded them up with bows and sentiments in cute little 2" x 2" clear top tins, that fit snuggly into the box! Things were good. Then it was back to the dining room for lunch and door prizes. Each recipient received three door prizes from DSP, to Crystal Effects, to Ribbon and lots of other cool accessories. We had a number pull for each guest and they got to pick out a brand new stamp set to take home. The next project was a framed piece that we embossed with the new Stampin' Up! embossing folders and they antiqued it with a sponge. They added an embossed black butterfly and framed it all up for a special friend.
Lastly, I passed out "Kool Ade" pitchers and we used the big shot to cut out vinyl and added it to the front of the pitcher and etched the design on them. Some of the girls used stars for a Fourth of July theme, and others used pinwheels to look like lemon slices for lemonaide and still others used a swirl or flowers! Each one came out beautiful and the girls were so excited with the results. In fact after each project I would hear "this is my favorite project" LOL! Each one became their favorite! After a last treat of cupcakes from Cupcake Charlies, we had a Yankee Swap. Some of the prizes for that were a crop-a-dile, stamp a majig, crimper and lots more. 4:00 came too soon and the day came to an end........now for the planning to begin for NEXT YEAR!!!!!!! When all was quiet I sat down at my computer to read my mail. I too received a surprise ........chills went up my spine when I received a personal email from NieNie! :) ..."you made my day Nie! Thanks...and hugs"~Donna

12 comments:

Julie said...

I had the BEST time today! The company was great, the food was great and the projects were unbelievable. Counting down the days till the next one....

Kerin said...

WOW! Your girls were spoiled today! Very nice projects!!!

A Latte Stampin said...

Wow!Lucky Ladies...beautiful cards!

"Tillymint" said...

Oh I wish I lived near you!!! I would have loved the day you planned for those lucky ladies.

Sue. x

Shontelle said...

Wow! I just found your blog via splitcoast and again WOW! I love your projects! I think I'll have to start stalking, er I mean, following your blog LOL.

Ellie said...

Oh wow that looked like so much fun! Lucky gals :)

Crystal said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects!!

Our Little Inspirations said...

Whew! All those gorgeous projects done in a single day! Everything is just amazing!! TFS!
Carol

CeeCee said...

Wow, Donna! I wish I had been there. All the projects are super fun and gorgeous!
CC

Mary Beth P. said...

You're projects were amazing! Love the idea of keeping the front of the cards "saying" blank til they need to use it. TFS your Diva day and your blog:) ((HUGS))

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow!

Shelia said...

Why oh why do I live so far away? I love all the projects, but especially the framed piece.