Monday, May 25

MOJO MONDAY #88

Hey everyone!
I got up early today 5:30 am, to see my Son and daughter in law off to work. They have just moved back home from NC and are staying with us for a bit while they are looking for a new home to buy. They came home to Massachusletts to open a NEW CUPCAKE CHARLIE'S cupcake shop. It is the second store for my brother, and Mike and Katie will be running the one that will open on the Plymouth waterfront (you know...the place where the Mayflower, pilgrims and that famous rock are) for the Fourth of July with the hopes of buying it when they get settled! So, for all of you in the area, or coming to visit this summer, be sure to look them up...and tell them I sent you......YUMMY!
Now, because I was up early I decided to stay up, and let hubby sleep in on the holiday. With the free time I decided to make a card for Mojo Monday. I took some pictures just before a thunderstorm yesterday when the lighting was all weird and gray, and this color combo reminded me of that. Even in the dark of the impending storm there are bursts of bright spring colors. That became my inspiration for this card sample. I hope you enjoy it! here is the link for Cupcake Charlie's.

14 comments:

Regina Cornelius said...

this is so striking!! the black really makes the colors pop!

Erna said...

Wow! Beautiful card!!!

mimibricole said...

it's rare to see black or dark colors... so your card is very original, I love the way it looks!

Anjou Krelovich said...

This is just stunning. Love it!

Leigh said...

An absolutely beautiful card Donna. Fantastic.

Leigh said...

Oh yummo, just looked at the link to Cupcake Charlie's. Very delicious looking cakes. That toy is soooooo cute.

Samantha said...

stunning card! love the layout :0)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a gorgeous card. Beautiful colors and love the eastern blooms sets and the DSP you have used goes so well. Truly a real beauty. Rel

Debbie Pamment said...

Simply elegant, simply stunning!!! This card has a real WOW factor - LOVE it Donna!!! Wish I could be this creative at 5.30am!!!
Hugs and xXx

Kerin said...

I love your card Donna, and I have to tell you that we were walking on the waterfront yesterday and the boys spotted that "Cupcake Charlie's Coming Soon" sign...they still talk about how delicious those cupcakes are from when we went to Mashpee last year!

Alicia said...

Donna great color choice those colors are so striking. I now also have a serious craving for a cupcake.

stampinhappy said...

I agree with all of the other comments. Color choices are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

StampingSelene said...

Yahoo! Gorgeous color set! I have been meaning to do some scrapbooking with these colors, because i found a bag in a store that had the same colors.. :) Gorgeous!

C@ro said...

Beautiful card!
Love the way you used black into this card!