Wednesday, May 6

It's My Birthday!!!!


Hey everyone!
Today is my birthday and I have been playing all day doing exactly what I wanted to do! I made a card just for me! It's exactly what I felt like today. I love May and all the NEW things that the month of May brings. One of my favorite things to do besides make cards is garden and decorate! So, today I made a card showing off the fun of gardening, when great surprises like hummingbirds appear! And I made a collage (my very first!) on my blog of some of my black accents in my house! The hook in my stamping room, the flower pot crane in my pantry, the frame around an old Carter Ink print that is the same as the one I had over my bed when I was five, the knob of my pot filler, pictures of all the babies in the family, and my antique office phone!
I absolutely love black as an accent! Black makes everything POP! I used it in the card I made today first, by doing the image in black embossing powder! By embossing them first, when I colored the images in they seemed to come alive! Of course I had to add some fine glitter to the hummingbird to show off his brilliant feathers! I finished it all by adding matt after matt of alternating color and black! I hope you like it. Enjoy! ~Donna

16 comments:

JanJ said...

Happy Birthday - gorgeous card

Jan xx

Kelly Jo said...

Happy Birthday to you! I agree- black makes everything pop! Love your hooks!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Love the card.
jmgeisler

"Tillymint" said...

Happy Birthday Donna!
Your card is a beautiful way to celebrate spring - I love it.
Sue x

Alicia said...

Happy birthday!!! Should I be singing "Happy birthday sweet sixteen" or something closer to the theme to the Golden Girls LOL have a good one.

Shannon said...

Happy birthday Donna! 29 again? I am so happy to hear you spent your day doing what you love. That is the way all birthdays should be spent. Well, that and getting a little spoiled :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Now sing along.......

Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Donna....Happy birthday to you!!!!!

Glad you've had a fabulous birthday - love your card!!

Lots of birthday hugs....xXx

Regina Cornelius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regina Cornelius said...

well..i came to cyber sing happy birthday to you....but debbie beat me to it. lol! i hope you had a wonderful day!!! loved the blinged up hummingbird!

Shelia said...

First of all, Happy Birthday!!!!!
I would answer Alicia's question with "closer to 16" *wink*

I love black and humingbirds too, and I cannot think of a better way to spend your day then playing.

Stampin' With Jessi and Rachel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Mine is tomorrow! I love May too and am hoping to get to do some stamping and decorating as well on my birthday (just got new bedding for my guest room YIPEE!) Hope your day has been fabulous and I wish you many more!

Anonymous said...

Hope your birthday is as great as you are talented. Love your blog, I'm not very good on the computer so I do not have a blog myself. Your cards are such an inspiration. Hope you keep up the great work.

Many thanks and once again Have a Very Happy Birthday

Liz

Paula Barin said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day.

I love the card!

The Garden Maiden said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Donna! Today is my daughter's birthday and I have a grandson being born even as I am typing! May is a lovely time of year to be born. Hope it was a special day. Tamara

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Donna! So glad you were able to have do what you want kind of day with time to play and stamp just for you.

You really nailed the "real" hummingbird look. I can almost see the wings moving!

Birthday Hugs and Year long Blessings - Jean

Sylvia said...

Donna,
Sorry to have missed your birthday. I hope you had a great birthday. I have been packing!!! ab=nd that is about all.