Wednesday, May 13

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIRST BORN


Today is my first born's birthday. It doesn't seem possible that 32 years ago I was holding my new baby girl. WOW how time just flies by in a blink. So a little hooplah for my girl.
Lisa is and always was the spark in our family. She is bright, caring, driven, pretty, and everything a parent could want in a child. The thing that strikes me the most about her is how she has made me smile over the years. Like the time in second grade when she was chosen to give a reading in church becasue she was always so self assured. That first time led to her becoming a lector in her teen years, a public speaker and recruiter for her college, an eloquent elugizer for her three grandparents, and now a team leader in her current job. She has been a camp counselor, a flight attendant, an elementary school teacher and now her most important role as a loving and devoted mom! That is not to say she isn't a tough little cookie once and a while but, like any tough cookie when you dip it into the warmth of sweetened tea there is nothing that will compare!
So, to honor Lisa today I made a snappy bright card just like her, and I would like to say......"I wish you the very best birthday girlie! Enjoy your special day! I love you! ~mom"

17 comments:

Shelia said...

Happy Birthday Lisa, It sounds like you took after your Mom with her creative genes. Beautiful cards.

LeAnne said...

Very cool---do I recognize those Color Throwdown colors in there? What a sweet card for your daughter!
:D

LeAnne

Marie-Josée Trudel said...

I am very honored by your visit to my blog, Donna. You do so beautiful creations! And I visit you almost everyday.

Yes, my son is autist (near Asperger) and we work hard with him and with our daughter. She has a physical handicap and is in a wheelchair but she goes in a regular class.

Stamping and scrapbooking are so marvelous therapies for me! :-)

LeAnne said...

LOL! I just looked at the CTD blog and saw your card posted on Mr Linky! I guess I peeked at your blog first! DUH!
LeAnne

Our Little Inspirations said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this card with all those florals and buttons! I love the striking way you used the colors and ribbon - what a great card for a great daughter's birthday! Shhhh, don't tell anyone but my firstborn turns 40 next month! AAACK!!! how did THAT happen when I'm still 39???? LOL
Carol

"Tillymint" said...

What a great card Donna, so bright and colorful - those flowers are fantastic. What a lovely tribute to your daughter too - I hope she reads it.......
tfs Sue x

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous card for a young woman who sounds like she's an amazing person - thanx in no small part to her mom I'm sure!
Hope Lisa has a fabulous day!

Kathryn said...

What a wonderful birthday card for your daughter! She sounds so very special -- I hope she has a fabulous day! :)

Sylvia said...

Great card for your daughters birthday and the challenge as well!

Danielle K said...

You left out the part about Lisa inheriting her beauty from her mother! Happy 32 years of mothering to you! And thank you for being a mom to your kids' friends, too!

Stampin' With Jessi and Rachel said...

what a cool card! great job on the challenge too! BTW-I didn't make my bumble bees. It was from the retired Definitely Decorative Daisy stamp set. (wish i could have made them though! haha)

broni (waterchild12) said...

Oh, this card is just so pretty and wonderful! Sounds like Lisa and her Mom are too!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Lisa said...

I LOVE MY CARD! It is one of my favorites and I cherish this post! Thank you mom!!!!!!

dpkennedy said...

Love the bold flowers and the cool card design! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Mike said...

Hmmm....as i scroll back, i notice something missing from May 2nd. It kind of reminds me of when i didnt get a birthday cake for my
1st celebration either. I see a theme here, ma.

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Love the button Donna - makes the Daisy look like a grinning Sun. The perfect happy feeling for a birthday card.

Tammy Hershberger said...

You rocked these colors! What a great design! Sorry I'm so late, but thanks for playing Throwdown #42!