Sunday, April 12

MOJO #82

THE TECHNIQUE for this card
is watercoloring on vellum and embossing! I love this technique and tried it a about a year ago when my favorite colors groovy guava and river rock were available! Anyway, I have stamp sets that I really love but rarely get to play with becasue I am so busy getting ready for classes and using all the "new" stuff! Well, today it was play time just for me and I grabbed Always and Embrace Life two of my all time favorites and used them for todays Mojo Monday Challenge. I hope you like it. I had a difficult time photographing this card to show both the dry embossing using the texture folders and the black shiny embossing on the bird. If any of you have any tricks, other than what I use which is a light box, with (2)200 watt light bulbs, and an OTT-LITE for brightening up the front and a 150 watt bulb overhead, by the way I can't see a thing when I take the picture because it is so bright, I'd appreciate the in put! Because when I put the card on the computer, it shows dingy yellow. I have reset the white setting on my camera, and it still has not helped. So, I took it outside to photogragh with 25 mile an hour winds....just great! You should have seen me chasing the card all over the yard......enjoy! ~Donna

19 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is absolutely stunning!You have done a brilliant job, I love it!
Chrissie

Anjou Krelovich said...

Lovely! Wonderful technique!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Dramatic and gorgeous!!

Jacklyn-Jessa said...

Those flowers are beautiful! I've never seen that done before.

Our Little Inspirations said...

I did the same thing today that you did! LOL My photos taken indoors are all greenish lately, so I went outside and snapped my photo! Your card is stunning and those flowers are just breathtakingly beautiful! WOW!!
Carol

Randee E said...

This is gorgeous! Love that little black birdie :0)

I have trouble with my photos too and am always waiting until morning to take pics. I read somewhere to try using the "daylight" bulbs in your lamp. It should add more "natural" light and not the dingy yellow of incandescent. You should be able to pick those up anywhere :0)

Big Sky Paper and Design said...

Very beautiful card! Love how you used vellum for the flowers - these are two of my favorite sets! tfs :-)

Stampin'GHmom said...

What a fantastic technique. I will definitely have to keep it mind for future use. Gorgeous card!

Sophie said...

Very cute card!!!

bettystamps said...

My favorite sets too. Great techniques and beautiful card.

Patti said...

Very nice. New technique for me!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Oh my WORD, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the effect you got on those flowers. I soooo need to try this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anne Laflamme Démonstratrice Stampin'UP said...

Wow... very beautiful... I love it..

Sarah said...

This is just beautiful! So elegant.
xx :0)

Jenna said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE what you did with the sketch. So lovely.

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - those flowers are my absolute favourites and you've done something sensational with them - I lOVE it!!! Will certainly be pulling the vellum out to give this a go! TFS
xXx

Olena said...

Very beautiful.I love it!!! ~Olena~

Tracy said...

I love this card. how many layers of the flower did you do. Thanks for sharing Tracy

josephine said...

hello,
searching for inspiration for a Mother's Day card and came across your blog.
Love this card! It's perfect and just what I was looking for.
Appreciate your sharing with us.
Jo