Wednesday, April 22

MAY DAY


May is one of my favoritest months in the year.
Mostly because it is full of new delights. Your senses are tickled with flowers that are showing off with such soft pastel colors, and there are baby everythings throughout the woodlands and ponds to delight us each and every year! One thing I love to do each May is surprise someone with a May Basket. Sometimes it is my sister, or sister in law, and others a dear friend or an elderly neighbor, but it is always a surprise. The most popularly known May Day traditions is to hang a basket full of spring flowers and/or other small gifts on a neighbor's doorknob. The trick is you don't want your neighbor or friend to see you! Now I made a variation of the May Basket this year, and created a Door Hanger instead. In lieu of blossoms I added a package of flower seeds. This is a fun and easy project for you and your young friend's to make, and it is surely able to put a smile on the face of an unsuspecting friend! I hope you'll try one this year. Enjoy! ~Donna
TIPS
1.Use your computer if you do not have just the "right" sentiment for your Door Hanger.
2. I rubbed the edge of the Rub On onto vellum and then cut it out to allow it to overhang the edge of the cutout on the door hanger
3. I used a doily and ran it through my Big Shot to add some dimension to the butterfly wing

4 comments:

"Tillymint" said...

So very pretty Donna must give it a try!

Aussieleigh said...

What a wonderful neighbour you are - your door hanger is very pretty!

Sylvia said...

Hey Donna,
Great as usual! Love it. Keep those creative juices flowing right through to June. I love May as well!

Debbie Pamment said...

May Day for us Downunder - usually start getting the first taste of Winter about now - your sounds so much nicer - LOL. Love your hanger - you are such a sweetie to be surprising someone like this!!
Hugs and xXx