Tuesday, April 7

INSPIRATION

This card was inspired by one I saw on MaryFish's Stampin'Pretty. Now, what I took from her card was the in your face look of the buttons and the textured paper. Her card, which you can see below is beautiful, and I loved those particular elements in it. So, that is what I used to build my card! Here, I have created a more Asian feel by using narrow strips of designer paper to intersect behind the card. I also tried to make a relief by cutting around some of the image and popping it out! It just adds a little dimension and interest. I hope you enjoy it!~Donna


4 comments:

Alicia said...

Donna these are both beautiful I can never get that nice clean look you get with your cards. Once I start adding embellishments and layers I can't stop LOL!!!

P.S I will be turning 50 this year so I know all about how the mind goes first .....well in my case the mind and the body are having a race LOL!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Donna this is an absolute STUNNER!!! I love the whole look of it - the differnet layers, the button, the relief, the bee, the colours - all just say WOW to me!!
Thanx soo much for this beautiful piece of inspiring art...
xXx

Jean from jlfstudio said...

OMG Donna this is gorgeous! You definitely captured the Asian feel you were going for. I'm curious what stamp(s) you used for the sentiment?

Thanks for sharing the inspiration - Jean

Carol Matthews said...

Donna - this card is amazing! So artistic, both in colour and design!