Wednesday, February 4

MAKE YOUR OWN DSP


I have realized that I do not have many of the new designer papers yet and wanted to make a card today that really needed some special designer paper to punch up the card....SO I made my own! Think about doing this yourself, especially when you need it to compliment or coordinate with a particular style you are using, and the DSP just doesn't work. I saw a card similar to this, made by Sharon Johnson and loved it, so I CASED it! For this card, I stamped in a darker complimentary color and a subtle neutral with my floral stamps, to add depth to a tone on tone piece of DSP. Then, I layered my sentiment and added some ribbon, and I was done! I also think the one on the left is a little more masculine card, for Valentine's Day! SO easy and fun....enjoy! ~Donna

6 comments:

Lisa said...

These cards are absolutely stunning!!!! I NEED to make them.....what color blue is this? And is that barely banana or very vanilla or....? I LOVE that new heart stamp/punch also!

A Latte Stampin said...

Thanks Donna, for your lovely comments especially when I see "the people and place" section on my blog post such lovely stuff...notice that section being real small and you are a part of it, thanks again. Sam

Ifat Art said...

Great idea... Love the DSP you created.

IfatArt

stampin abi said...

Love the colours you chose and your ds paper looks great, I'm definitely going to try this! tfs

Wendy said...

Hey, your DP is better than some of the professtional ones! Love this, great job!

Char in So Cal said...

I am guessing this is your FAVE card from the last year. I sure like it :0)

Rubber Hugs,

Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}