Wednesday, February 25

February Birthdays...FINISHED!




NEXT to the month of May, February is the busiest month for me forbirthday celebrations Hubby's birthday was yesterday and so was my Upline KerinSylvester's! Here is the card I made for her, to go with an entire ensemble that I will post for you to see a little at a time in a dayor so. Anyway, Kerin deserved a little something special, because she is the best upline, and I am so happy to have her be mine. I decided to make a coordintating gift that she can use in her stamping area, or when she is just vegging out. She mentioned in one of her posts a few weeks ago that Baja Breeze was her NEW favorite color, so that is what I used for her gift. I think she even thought I forgot her birthday, so that made it even more fun!
So, here is the first item "The Card" and I got my inspiration from Becca Feeken.
To make the card, I used my Scor It to add some detail, then some gold embossing powder, and finished it up by decorating it with pearls from the Stampin' Up! Pretties Kit! I used a flower from Boho Basics for a little accent in the middle of the blocks of scoring (<-----here is another card I did with the same technique months ago). Then I wrapped everything up to match, and I had a nice presentation....or so I hope! :) I hope you've enjoyed it! You too Kerin! See you soon. ~Donna

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

What a beautiful card !!!!!!!
I love your blog.

Kerstin

Shelley G in Iowa said...

Lovely card, Donna. My first impression was it looks like a quilt, because of the faux stitching and the grid lines. I'm a quilter, so these things pop out at me!

Dawn said...

Donna
This is stunning - such gorgeous details..

Char in So Cal said...

I am guessing this is your FAVE card from the last year. I sure like it :0)

Rubber Hugs,

Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}