Thursday, January 1

SPOOKY RECYCLED to SOAP!




I hope you guys are excited about the new year as I am. I have had a smile on my face since 2009 got here! Are you all in good karma with your new year resolutions? I hope they are reasonable and I hope you will accomplish what you have set out to do, or not do!!!! Hmmmmmm...lots of hope in this post already, but that is a good thing.

Well, I have lots to talk about but, I don't want to ramble, so I am starting off with the first tid bit I have to tell you. I think it is important for a couple of reasons. First, I have changed since the day I first started reading this story, and second I have resolved to be the best person I can be this year because of this story. If you are a follower of my blog then you know who I am talking about, and that is the Nielsons. Now, for the good news!!!!! Ready!!!!! I am sure you can guess NieNie is home! Wow! she came home for the New Year to start her New Life with her wonderful Mr. Nielson and their four children. What an accomplishment. We can all be inspired by this family and especially NieNie. By learning about them, you WILL learn about yourself. The good, the bad, and the ugly! Then you can choose to do something with that knowledge to improve your state of being! ~~~~~~~~

I will be posting some new things during the day today so let's start off with this cool project! Are you in the mood to clean and re organize? Okay then how about labeling some of your everyday items to make them cute. Here is a project I did recycling my Halloween Spooky Jar! There is even a video to see how to keep all your letters in line! ~Enjoy I'll see you back here in a bit!


This is a case of a card I saw this morning at my dear upline's blog. Kerin used the poppin pastels technique, and had much more control of where the color was going on her card. I decided I wanted a quicker option and a fast card, so I used the masking technique. I always make a mask of the prominent stamps in a new stamp set, and keep it in the box with the stamps. By doing this I always have the availability of the masking technique on hand. I used cameo coral, mellow moss, and summer sun to color the image using a sponge. You can see the technique demonstrated right here on my blog in a picture tutorial. Also, if you are making a card for someone, make two and leave the sentiment blank so you'll have an extra on hand when you need it!~Enjoy!

8 comments:

Kerin said...

Love the idea of recycling the jars Donna! Can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us!

LeAnne said...

Dang, I keep seeing great things with this stamp set and I just want it more & more!
LeAnne

melanie said...

Gosh, I really love this card!! I may need to order that stamp from my SU lady!

Sylvia said...

I can't type tonight. I keep going so fast and my fingers are so cold, they are skiping letters on the keyboard. I love your energy displayed in the cards. Great cards!

Jean said...

Donna, I don't think I have seen this flower as pretty as you have it here. I agree it is a perfect flower for sponging or for using chalks. Love love love it!

Hugs!

Savitri said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love what you did! Love the one with the ribbon in the bottom although all are just lovely!

2009... I have no resolution but wanting to make the most of it. Still thinking of what I'd like to do that's realistic :)

Char in So Cal said...

I am guessing this is your FAVE card from the last year. I sure like it :0)

Rubber Hugs,

Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!