Wednesday, November 26












These little accordian cards are the cutest things I have seen on the internet in a while! I caught this on SplitCoastStampers yesterday and had to make one for myself! I used SkiSlope Designer Series Paper from SU and Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke and Accents and Elements Season To Share! I went to my friend Kerin's house yesterday afternoon,and after I left she whipped one together in no time! So I hope you will check it out, and make one too!
DIRECTIONS: cut three strips of paper (2)11" x 3 1/2 and (1) at 10" x 3 1/2"score at 2" intervals switching paper over each time to make mountains and valleys in your folds. There will be two pieces with a 1" left over piece that is where you connect your strips together by using a heavy sticky tape, to make one long strip with 15 panels.
Next, make a template or use a Corner Tag Punch to trim the upper corners. I used my Rubber and Craft scissors and was able to cut 6 at a time! Next cut 15 pieces of DSP 1 3/4" x 3 1/4" and trim the upper corners like the other panels. Layer together and start to decorate! Fold the panels together back and forth and tie with a ribbon!
Every accordion card is different depending on what you have for materials to work with. So, have fun and start palying! ~Donna

10 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is beautiful! I wish we could get this DP in Australia!

Lori said...

Wowy - i love this! I'm going to have to try this as well!

Kelly Jo said...

this is absolutely awesome!

Kimberlee said...

Very cool. I might have to try one of those someday. Thanks for shasring.

Kristin Fields said...

This is the cutest Christmas project that I've seen so far this year! I want to make one. Your work is beautiful!

Sylvia Nelson said...

Donna, Your accordian card is beautiful. I might have to try this. Wish I had looked earlier as I needed some inspiration.

Marilyn said...

I definitely want to try this!!! Thanks for sharing the directions on your post - saves having to hunt them down!! What an awesome idea this is!!

Annette said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful project with us Donna. I can't wait to try it out.

Jojo said...

I love it.

Brooke S said...

Really cool project Donna!