Monday, September 1

LABOR DAY WEEKEND FOLLIES in NC! ...cards are coming later this week!

Hi everyone!!! Well, I am sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I was away visiting our son, Michael, and his new bride Katie in Raleigh North Carolina this weekend! It was a treat because we haven't seen them since February (we live up here in Boston you know). Anyhow, we joined him and his wife, and her parents Deb and Brian Schreiber, from SC. for a fun weekend together. Brian and my hubby Steve, are best friends! NOOOOOOO it was not an arranged marriage but, it works nicely because we all get along so well, and make fun memories together!
We visited our favorite restaurants, and had a wonderful dinner one night that Mike made for us. He treated us to a trip to a local farmers market, where he picked out the freshest ingredients for our dinner that evening. Now, if you have been reading my blog for awhile, then you know I am NOT a cook. However, my little boy has become quite the chef. I tell him it was from watching Julia Child, and Jeff Smith, the Frugal Gourmet for all those years while he was growing up! He now watches Rachel Ray and Giada? Not sure that is how you spell her name! In any event, I wish I had taken a picture of all the beautiful colors at the market, it would have made for a great color challenge this week! ! The weekend was full of things to do, and we did lots of sight seeing, in between taking super naps on the biggest sofa I have ever seen! All of us could fit on it, and sleep at the same time! Thanks Mike for doing all the driving....and thanks Katie, for letting us take naps!
One of my favorite thing this time, was when we went house browsing in a historic district called "OAKWOOD". Oh! my, the houses were gorgeous. It is an entire neighborhood that the city is restoring. Some of the homes in the area, are actually being moved, while others are being built brand new to mimic the feel of the era. It always amazes me that they can move a huge house, just like that! ...You'll see one high in the air in one of my pictures below.
The first picture I have for you to look at is of, all of us. We are sitting on a big ole' southern wrap around porch.....I guess they would actually call it a 'VERANDA" down in Raleigh! We were pretending we lived there, because we certainly couldn't afford the price, that is unless we all lived there together! Hmmmmm...... not a bad idea as far as I can see, but one that was quickly nixed when we asked Michael and Katie how they felt about it! LOL!
Well, that was my weekend! Hope yours was filled with fun too!
Enjoy...and I'll see you all later this week with some CARDS or projects!!!!! ~Donna

remember to click on the pictures to see them in detail
Brian, Debbie, Me, Mike, Katie and Steve
oooooooooooooooo......

ahhhhhhh.............



cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.........my fave!


woooooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.........

4 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Donna, it sounds like you had a great time! I've never been to Raleigh, but I've been to Asheville a few times and have family in that area. What I've seen of NC, I've loved. The drive into NC from TN is stunning.

Porches are a big deal in the south--well, at least they are to me. I didn't get the wrap around front porch I wanted, but I got a nice back porch with a vaulted ceiling and a big ole' ceiling fan.

Donna said...

Annie, That sounds like a sweeeeeeet place to be sipping lemonade and STAMPIN' ..have a great day! ~me

Avril Miller said...

What a great time you guys look like you are having!

I've given you the "I Love Your Blog" award! Check out my blog for more details.....

Hugs,
~avril
www.cherrystamper.blogspot.com

The Garden Maiden said...

Hi Donna,

Catching up on your posts and found this one. My fav was your fav. We have the same taste!

I do Christmas ornaments with my grandchildren (9 going on 10) every year for our 10' tree in my dining room. It is decorated all with the kids ornaments each year. I have gotten some good inspiration from your creations for this years tree. Maybe I could converse with you by email to get some particulars? email me at rubycottage@gmail.com

you have amazing talent. inspiring!

Tamara