Friday, April 25

US Army Commissioning Ceremony


My sister~in~law is going to a U.S. Army Commissioning Ceremony in May and asked if I could make a card for her. SU has very few Military Sets, and I didn't have a lot of time to order one so I had to come up with something quick. I ended up with these. Unfortunately, the one that says Congratulations has really nice camouflage using, Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow, Sahara Sand, and Mellow Moss with a sponging and masking technique. You cannot see it very well, because I layered vellum over it, but in real life it is quite neat.
The Pocket one was brayered with a sponge roller using Mellow Moss ink on Always Artichoke card stock, and it came out really looking like fabric. Hope this inspires you to send some cards to our wonderful Soldiers! Hope you like them.



4 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You did a great job on this!

Anonymous said...

As the wife of a retired Army/National Guardsman I must say that your card is awesome! I hope the person receiving it really appreciated it.

Donna said...

Thanks for the kind words. I was very proud when I made this card, and yes the gentleman was impressed and loved it! I so love it...and hope someone else gets inspired or asks me to do one for them.

airbornewife said...

Your cards are awesome.. thank you for the inspiration.

Pam